Terms and Conditions
Signs & Labels Terms and Conditions
- All orders are subject to acceptance at our Stockport Office. Prices are effective from 1st Jan 2020 and exclude carriage, packing and VAT which are charged at the current rate at the time of invoicing. Prices are per single item unless otherwise stated.
- Credit account payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice. For new accounts or customers without a credit account, payment is required with order. Invoice queries must be notified within 14 days. Credit is subject to status.
- We will credit you with the purchase price of the goods if they do not meet your requirements provided that they are returned to us unused and undamaged and in the original packaging within the 14 days of delivery with a returns note and authorisation number (obtained by dialling us on 0800 39 39 58) and subject to our right to levy a 20% handling charge. All items returned by Royal Mail, must be by recorded delivery.
We are unable to offer a credit on any items lost in the post. Please mark the package “Goods Inwards/Returns”.
The return of the goods will be at your expense. The return of goods terms does not apply outside the UK or to custom made products.
- You must notify us within 48 hours of delivery of goods if they are incomplete, incorrect or damaged and you must notify us within 7 days of receipt of our invoice if the goods have not been delivered. We shall be entitled to deliver the goods in one or more installments.
- Every effort is made to ensure that our signs and other products conform to current legislation or standards. These may change during the life of the catalogue. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that these products are used in appropriate situations. Signs & Labels’ products are sold with the understanding that the buyer will test that the product in question is suitable for the purpose it has been bought for. We will be happy to advise.
- We guarantee all products against serious defect for a period of one year from delivery. The company will either replace the product or credit the full price of the goods. This is the extent of the guarantee.
- Signs & Labels shall be under no liability in respect of any defects in the goods, which come about due to the acts, omissions, negligence or default of the buyer or its agents. This does not exclude or restrict the liability of Signs & Labels for death or personal injury caused by negligence of Signs & Labels.
- Custom prices quoted are valid for the period stated on the written quotation. Please note that for Made to Order products no artwork will be produced until after receipt of the buyer’s purchase order. If a custom order is cancelled there may be a charge for any work that has already been carried out.
- If a credit note or over payment is made to Signs & Labels by a customer, the customer may request the over payment to be returned to them within 12 months of Signs & Labels receiving it. A fee to cover the costs of returning the money may be charged by Signs & Labels. If no request to return the money is received within 12 months, Signs & Labels shall be entitled to retain it.
- Since our policy is one of continuous improvement, we reserve the right to alter or amend prices, designs and specifications described without prior notice.
- Written permission must be obtained before any part of this publication is stored in a retrieval system of any kind. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying and recording without the written permission of the copy right holder, application for which should be addressed to the company secretary. We consider violation of our copyright a serious offence and will take legal action against offenders.
- Signs & Labels is a division of the Brady Corporation Ltd. Brady Corporation Ltd has a global code of ethics policy, which governs the behaviour and relationships between Brady employees and its customers and suppliers. The policy can be viewed at www.bradycorp.com under the corporate governance tab and the ethics guide link.
- Free Gifts – Signs & Labels distributors do not qualify for free gifts offered by other Brady brands such as Safetyshop and Seton, unless the distributor is willing to pay the full price advertised by that other brand, in such cases a gift can be provided.
Signs & Labels is a trading division of Brady Corporation Ltd. We use any information supplied when you place product enquiries and orders for running your account, credit purposes, our marketing, market research and analysis.
When you apply for a credit account and sign an order form, you give your consent for us to make a search with a credit reference agency who will keep a record of that search. We may also make enquiries about the principal directors.
We may also check the details of an order with fraud prevention agencies and these checks may be repeated with future orders. If anyone gives us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this.
We undertake these checks in order to:
• Help make decisions on credit and credit related services for you and your company.
• Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and manage your account policies.
Once you have started to purchase from us we will consider your account active for 36 months after its settlement. Whilst your account is active we will send you brochures, leaflets and catalogues displaying our products and services. We may also write, telephone, fax or email you to make you aware of special product offers or for market or service research. Our telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes. We endeavour to keep your account and contact information up-to-date and appreciate your assistance in this matter.
If you or your company has not used your account for more than 36 months or if you or your company has not purchased after making an enquiry regarding our products and services, we may mail or phone you to ascertain whether your information is accurate and whether you are still interested in receiving our product literature. If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write without delay to the Business Manager at the address below.
We may share your information with carefully selected third parties and we or they may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, telephone, fax or email. If you do not wish to be contacted by third parties in this way or you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes please write to the Business Manager.
Under the Data Protection Act you may request details of personal information that we hold about you. An official fee will be payable. If we can be of assistance in this matter or you have any queries about data protection, please write to: Business Manager, Signs and Labels, Corrie Way, Bredbury Industrial Park, Stockport, Cheshire. SK6 2RR.
Interested in becoming a Distributor?
Keep up to date with all the legislation:
Why become a distributor:
Discounts available on over 25,000 products
A unique customer experience
Make a good first impression
Exceeding your expectations is our driving force
Or alternatively speak to one of our advisors on 0800 39 39 58